Part Time Delivery Driver
A reliable, safety-conscious person is needed for the position of Delivery Driver.
The Delivery Driver is responsible for moving materials between the six Morgan County Public Library locations using the Library's box truck.
This is a part-time position of approximately 12 hours per week. You MUST be available to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from approximately 8 a.m. to noon. Additional hours may be required on occasion.
- Following delivery schedule designed by Manager of Mini-Branches and making adjustments as judgment dictates due to branch needs, weather, traffic, etc.
- Keeping vehicles fueled and clean.
- Delivering all materials to assigned branches including any special collections.
- Completing route in a timely manner.
- Adjusting delivery schedule as needed to compensate for holidays or other schedule disruptions.
- Informing the Manager of Mini-Branches when routine vehicle maintenance is needed and taking vehicles for servicing if so assigned.
- Accomplishing pick-up and delivery at branches without interfering with normal library activities.
- Recognizing errors and oversights in pick-ups and deliveries and making corrections appropriately.
To apply, fill out an application (available at any library branch, or on our web site) and return it to any library branch, or fax it to (765)342-9992. Please no phone calls!
- 21 years of age or older
- reliable attendance
- a valid Indiana driver's license and clean driving record
- capable of driving the box truck in a safe manner
- able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- able to move loaded library carts repeatedly
- able to raise and lower the lift gate on the truck
- good judgment and attention to detail
- able to work under stressful conditions
Salary: $9.00/ hour
Download a Morgan County Public Library Job Application
Microsoft Word Format
Created on 03/19/2009 10:53 AM by krista
Updated on 12/18/2014 01:37 PM by krista